Last Updated: 4 Nov, 2014
Through settings on our Website, you can choose whether or not to take photos with the school attendance functionality.
You may update or correct information about yourself by editing your account settings within the Scriblr Education website. If you wish to delete your account, please click on your "Preference" and then on the link "Close Account", but note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes, or as part of our regular retention practices. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Certain features of the Services require access to your tablet's / phone's image taking applications (e.g. when you have selected a photo to be taken each time you select an option). If you later decide to revoke your consent and prevent us from continuing to access your photo taking applications, you can do so by changing the settings as Administrator.
When you first launch any features of our Services that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to our collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information by changing the preferences on the website. You may also stop our collection of location information by setting that no IP addresses should be collected.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your password. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the login on the website and a password would need to be provided each time you access the Services.
Scriblr Education may display notifications or alerts on the website.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services to send or receive messages, including photos sent via the website, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, phone number, and other information you choose to provide.
When you select actions on webpages or send and receive messages, we also temporarily collect, process and store the contents of those messages for record keeping on our servers for at least 5 years (required by most countries to keep business information).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: When you select an action on the webpage (Terminal software), read messages left by the receptionist, we collect information about these messages, including the time, date, sender and recipient of the message.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our website, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed and your IP address.
- Website Information: We may collect information about the computer or tablet you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, which may include to provide additional features and content for your attendance requirements;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Scriblr Education and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- ink or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Scriblr Education is based in South Africa and the information we collect is governed by South African law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to South Africa and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Scriblr Education, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytic Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.